Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baltimore Traditions: The Blue Crab

I come from the land of crabs: Maryland. Chesapeake Bay country.

A heaping of crabs is considered a special dining event for most around the country, but for us, it’s a Saturday afternoon gathering of family. Dining is all about steaming up a bushel of Maryland Blue Crab
covered in Rock Salt and Olde Bay Seasoning.

I thought everyone understood the beauty of the crab, until I started traveling. I saw crab cakes on all the menus at restaurants, but not one came close to what any local pub will sell you in Maryland.

And yes, there are Alaskan King crabs, Snow Crabs and many more varieties. Still, in my neck of the woods, the Maryland Blue Crab reigns king.

To read the whole article, go to Associated Content.

No comments:

Post a Comment